As the owner of a retail store, you have certain responsibilities to your employees, your customers—and yes, even to yourself. First and foremost, it’s up to you to take reasonable efforts to keep everyone safe and secure. That’s where uniformed security for retail in Ontario comes into play.
Unfortunately, in our unpredictable world, that’s harder than ever before. Not only is there an ever-present risk of theft or burglary, but there are also potential issues of terrorist activity and active shooters. Simply put, anything could happen, and at any time. The best you can do is be fully prepared, and that means having a proper security detail in place.
Specifically, we recommend considering uniformed security for your retail premises in Ontario. Here’s why.
The Benefits of Uniformed Security in Ontario
- It serves as a deterrent. You don’t merely want a security team that reacts to criminal activity. Ideally, you want a security team that can stop criminal activity from happening in the first place. When you have armed security services in Ontario, it sends a clear signal to would-be evildoers… a signal that they’re not going to perpetuate any crimes without a real fight.
- Professional security services can also deter employee theft. It’s not something business owners like to talk about, but the plain reality is that employee theft happens. Most of the people you hire are probably very honest, but there’s always the chance of a bad seed or two. When you have professional security guards routinely making rounds, however, it doesn’t just throw off criminals from outside, but criminals from inside, too.
- Your security guard provides everyone with peace of mind. The visible presence of professional security services shows your employees, your customers, and your vendors that you’re being proactive about their safety. That gives everyone the tranquility they need to go about their business and their shopping like normal.
- Security guards can be helpful to customers. Security guards can do more than just keep their eyes open for bad guys. You can also give them some very basic training on how to handle employee questions—for instance, a basic question about where the bathrooms are, or who to talk to about a specific product. There’s no reason why your guards can’t provide both security and customer service!
- Your security team can help you with technology. Having armed security services in Ontario is important, but it’s not always enough to have the proper personnel. Having the right technology matters, too. Your security team can get you up to speed on the cameras and alarm systems you need to truly secure your retail business.
- Professional guards will be able to address emergency situations. Whether there’s an active shooter, a riotous crowd, or a natural disaster, it’s important to have someone in your store who’s ready to provide real leadership. A professional security guard will be highly trained in keeping everyone safe and secure even during these perplexing scenarios.
- Uniformed security in Ontario can also help you with disaster preparedness. Finally, just note that when you hire a professional security team, such as MPS Security, you should make sure they are ready and willing to help you enact a proactive risk mitigation plan. Again, it’s not just about reacting to criminal activity, but actually preventing it from happening in the first place.
These are just a few of the reasons to consider hiring a uniformed security detail for your retail store. At MPS Security, our armed security guards are fully prepared to make your store a safer, more secure place. Learn more about retail security and the prevention of retail crime by contacting our uniformed security services team today.